Wednesday, March 26, 2008

"But you don't need anything. You have everything," I tell him.
Rip looks at me. "No. I don't"
There's a pause and then I ask, "Oh, shit, Rip, what don't you have?"
"I don't have anything to lose"


So anyway that was from a book I just read called Less Than Zero. A book about a generation of disgustingly rich teens and their hedonistic/psychotic lives in LA. Drugs,sex,money,violence; it's easily the most disturbing, troubling and vulgar novel that I've ever read. Some pages really makes me want to puke and cry out of disgust and disbelief hahaha. My face was scrunched up most of the time and I had people in the bus staring at me, probably amused at my expression. I dont even know why I continued reading, but in the weirdest way I actually liked the book. Gotta try Catcher in the Rye sometime soon.

Anyway moving to real life, I walked out on dinner today and that's smth Ive never ever done before. And yes I did feel guilty after that but it'll take up too much of my pride to sit back down. It started out with a stupid argument with my youngest sister over diet coke and how studies show that it can actually increase your cravings (i know it's so lame). And then we somehow got a little defensive and started a mini debate. Then my mom just had to join in the most out of topic fashion and talk about ....my lack of manner. How I should watch my tone and words when I speak to them, and how I often use condescending tone without realizing. Ok in the first place I wasnt even talking/arguing with them and FYI, the way I talk to my parents is, by any standard, far more polite than a million other kids of my age. Give me a break LAH. So today i had a diet coke for dinner and swam 40 laps after that.

Ok gtg watch green mile.

No comments: