Monday, August 18, 2008

It's finally here

As I have promised, I'll start updating this blog quite regularly. I got back from my road trip a few days ago and school is starting real soon. In fact, orientation starts tomorrow! Anyway, my trip was a lot of fun, but the sun was just downright merciless. I have gotten a few shades darker-and Im not making it up, so many people have commented on that. But oh well, tan is good right .... (haha just trying to console myself). I really regret bringing so much stuff to LA because the moment I stepped into the shops here, I knew my closet is gonna run out of space FAST. Anyway, Vegas with family isn't really your typical 'Vegas, the city that never sleeps' haha no clubs, no booze, no parties- just good old shopping food and sightseeing. Hey, what do you expect from a family trip? hahaha. We drove from Vegas to Grand Canyon and it was one of the most spectacular thing I've seen. My sister, cousin and I climbed all the way to the top (I was pretty out of breath by then haha) and the view from the top was just breathtaking! We also went to the skywalk, from which we enjoyed an even more spectacular view, but walking at the skywalk was so terrifying! We were walking on clear glass which suspend 4000 feet (more than 1km) above the grand canyon. So when we look down, we literally see rock structures that extend all the way down..it's like standing at the edge of a cliff.

Anyway, my orientation starts tomorrow.......like, finally. A part of me is excited, a big part of me is nervous and a small part of me is kinda dreading it; dreading the fact that my 9month anti-school life has finally come to an end. Im only moving into my dorm on Wed, so I'll be staying over at Stef's tomorrow night and back again to my aunt's place at the end of orientation on tue. Techically, orientation is 2 days (mon and tue), but wed 20th-27th is welcome week; which is filled with activities which I get to pick and choose myself. I've already made my schedule and I think Im a bit of an enthusiatic weirdo who plans back to back activities when I might take 15 mins to travel from one location to another hahaha. Oh well, I forsee myself ditching many of the stuff I signed up for anyway heheh.

Lastly, I dont know how the fuck Im going to move into my dorm. I have... 4 luggages (2 big, 1 medium, 1 small), 3 HUGE plastic bags (with my pillow, comforter, bedsheet, hairdryer and all the bulky crap)......I dont even know if all these can fit into one car!

1 comment:

tiffany- said...

jessssss i didnt realise u updated ur blog till like today ok! ahhah anw i really hope we'll keep in touch often ya sayyy<3 uni life's busy as hell but must squeeze time in between for emails and such.

MISS YOU LOADDDSSSSS